Thursday 19 March 2015

Visa diversions

Russian visa sorted! 
Nothing like starting on a positive.. I day trip to London for a brief 20 minute application process. On the flip side it gave me chance to run the bike down the M1 and back at a mildly chilly 6 - 8 degrees C ... No such thing as bad weather, just the wrong clothes, but fortunately I am well equipped.. and with the benefit of heated grips its was a breeze. I got in and out of Londinium with no issues at all. 

So while I wait for the postman to delivery the passport with all required stamps in place, I have time to sort out some bike servicing. As one thing I discovered on return home from London was one of the the new brake lines I installed had been rubbing against the front wheel, which fortunately failed just as I pulled onto the drive at home.. oops! - oh well better there than earlier or later !

So what's left to do?
Spending more money it seems!

Signed up for a rental management with a local agent.. Sleeping that increases costs it does give me piece of mind.. Basically I can go and not worry about sorting out any rental issues. 

Renting my house or comes with several expenses that I could do without.. Landlord insurance, energy performance certificates, gas safety certificates.. And the wonderful fee for the mortgage company for then to say yes I can rent it which comes to more than one months mortgage payment!! WTF!! 

So all that aside I'm in a pretty good place and want to just settle my mind to the actual fact of leaving and changing my life for the next 12 months. 
With a mix of excitement and trepidation I need to find a comfort zone to deal with the last few weeks leading up to departure. 




No comments: